Learn a new skill and make new friends with classes at Do Ewe Knit!
We have classes throughout the year for beginners, advanced beginners and seasoned knitters looking to learn a new skill. We also offer crochet classes and private instruction in both knitting and crochet. Please contact us to sign up for group knitting lessons or to inquire about private knitting or crochet instruction.
- We keep our class sizes small to ensure each student gets personalized attention. For this reason, we require students to register for our classes in advance.
- We have a class minimum of 3 students, so it may be fun to sign up with a friend or two!
- Most classes require pre-registration and payment no later than 72 hours before the first class.
- Cancellations may be made up to 48 hours before the first class is held. No refunds for cancellations, store credit only.
- No make-up sessions for missed classes unless due to instructor illness or inclement weather.
- Yarn must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit for all classes.
- Materials are not included unless specified. You may bring your own needles and notions or purchase additional items at as needed.
- No refund will be issued for sessions not attended and no refund will be issued after classes have started.
Beginner Knitting – Advanced Beginner Knitting with Cheryl
$85 for 6 classes
Sundays at 11:30 AM, beginning April 7,2018…
Learn which way the needles go to how to start your very first project. You will learn how to cast on, knit, purl and read basic patterns.
This class is for students who have taken our Beginner class or for students who already have a grasp of the basics of knitting, purling, casting on and off and want to broaden their skills. Topics vary and may include new casting on and casting off techniques, increasing and decreasing, stripes, beginner lace patterns. Students may also bring in any project for general troubleshooting and guidance.
Beginner Knitting – Advanced Beginner Knitting
$85 for 6 classes
Wednesdays at 10:30 AM, beginning June 13,2018 Beginner Knitting…
If you’ve never picked up yarn and needles or if you need a basic refresher, this class is for you. In this six-week small-group class, you’ll learn everything you need to knit a basic scarf or cowl, and then move on to a hat. We’ll start with an overview of yarn, needles and supplies, and then have you knitting by the end of the first session. You’ll then learn to purl, combine knits and purls for basic stitch patterns, join yarn and weave in ends, bind off, and block your project. We’ll have time each week for troubleshooting and plenty of Q and A. Materials can be purchased before class.