Learn a new skill and make new friends with classes at Do Ewe Knit!
We have classes throughout the year for beginners, advanced beginners and seasoned knitters looking to learn a new skill. We also offer crochet classes and private instruction in both knitting and crochet. Please contact us to sign up for group knitting lessons or to inquire about private knitting or crochet instruction.
- We keep our class sizes small to ensure each student gets personalized attention. For this reason, we require students to register for our classes in advance.
- We have a class minimum of 3 students, so it may be fun to sign up with a friend or two!
- Most classes require pre-registration and payment no later than 72 hours before the first class.
- Cancellations may be made up to 48 hours before the first class is held. No refunds for cancellations, store credit only.
- No make-up sessions for missed classes unless due to instructor illness or inclement weather.
- Yarn must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit for all classes.
- Materials are not included unless specified. You may bring your own needles and notions or purchase additional items at as needed.
- No refund will be issued for sessions not attended and no refund will be issued after classes have started.
Beginner Knitting – Advanced Beginner Knitting with Cheryl
$85 for 6 classes
Sundays at 11:30 AM, beginning March 12, 2017
Learn which way the needles go to how to start your very first project. You will learn how to cast on, knit, purl and read basic patterns.
This class is for students who have taken our Beginner class or for students who already have a grasp of the basics of knitting, purling, casting on and off and want to broaden their skills. Topics vary and may include new casting on and casting off techniques, increasing and decreasing, stripes, beginner lace patterns. Students may also bring in any project for general troubleshooting and guidance.
Beginner Knitting – Advanced Beginner Knitting
$85 for 6 classes
Wednesdays at 10:30 AM, beginning March 22,2017 Beginner Knitting…
If you’ve never picked up yarn and needles or if you need a basic refresher, this class is for you. In this six-week small-group class, you’ll learn everything you need to knit a basic scarf or cowl, and then move on to a hat. We’ll start with an overview of yarn, needles and supplies, and then have you knitting by the end of the first session. You’ll then learn to purl, combine knits and purls for basic stitch patterns, join yarn and weave in ends, bind off, and block your project. We’ll have time each week for troubleshooting and plenty of Q and A. Materials can be purchased before class.
Advanced Beginner Knitting
$85 for 6 classes
Thursdays at 12:30 AM, beginning March 16,, 2017 Advanced Knitting…
Advanced Beginner Class
In this six-week small-group class, we’ll knit a beautiful contemporary shawl, which will allow you to learn skills including basic increases and decreases, simple striping, simple lace patterning, special stretchy Bind-Offs, and tips such as how to use stitch markers to keep track of your place in your pattern. Students may also work on a project of their choice.
We’ll have time each week for trouble-shooting, hands-on instruction, Q and A and helpful tips. Yarn must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit . Price for the 6 week class is $85.00
For those who would like individual instruction, private lessons are available by appointment for one or two students. In just an hour you can learn the basics of knitting in a quiet and private environment. Brush up on your skills or start from scratch. Already know how to knit, but need some pointers on a more advanced technique? Or have you hit a roadblock in your current project? Private lessons can be designed to suit your needs. Bring a friend! Perfect for moms and daughters.