Learn a new skill and make new friends with classes at Do Ewe Knit!
We have classes throughout the year for beginners, advanced beginners and seasoned knitters looking to learn a new skill. We also offer crochet classes and private instruction in both knitting and crochet. Please contact us to sign up for group knitting lessons or to inquire about private knitting or crochet instruction.
- We keep our class sizes small to ensure each student gets personalized attention. For this reason, we require students to register for our classes in advance.
- We have a class minimum of 3 students, so it may be fun to sign up with a friend or two!
- Most classes require pre-registration and payment no later than 72 hours before the first class.
- Cancellations may be made up to 48 hours before the first class is held. No refunds for cancellations, store credit only.
- No make-up sessions for missed classes unless due to instructor illness or inclement weather.
- Yarn must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit for all classes.
- Materials are not included unless specified. You may bring your own needles and notions or purchase additional items at as needed.
- No refund will be issued for sessions not attended and no refund will be issued after classes have started.
Beginner Knitting – Advanced Beginner Knitting
Sunday Beginner Knitting Class!
Cost: $85 for 6 classes
Begins Sunday, January 6,2019
Debbie Is Back On Sundays Now….
Too busy to knit during the week? You can still learn to knit or practice new techniques during this Sunday morning weekly class. If you’re new, we will have you knitting by the end of the first class. If you’ve knit before, this is a great time to get hands-on help or learn a new skill. Pick a small project — a hat, cowl or scarf–and have it finished in time for the holidays.
Techniques covered include casting on, knitting, purling, simple increases and decreases, deciphering a pattern, and an introduction to different types of yarn and needles. Lots of tips and all of your questions answered. All materials must be purchased at Do Ewe Knit and may be purchased at the first class.
Debby Scheinholtz is thrilled to be returning to teach at Do Ewe Knit! She has been knitting for more than 30 years, and is a Craft Yarn Council Certified Instructor, having completed training at FIT in New York. When she is not knitting or working at her day job, she’s attending a meeting of the Big Apple Knitter’s Guild in Manhattan or taking advanced classes to continue to learn the latest techniques.
Wednesdays at 10:30 AM, beginning January 9 2019 Beginner Knitting…
If you’ve never picked up yarn and needles or if you need a basic refresher, this class is for you. In this six-week small-group class, you’ll learn everything you need to knit a basic scarf or cowl, and then move on to a hat. We’ll start with an overview of yarn, needles and supplies, and then have you knitting by the end of the first session. You’ll then learn to purl, combine knits and purls for basic stitch patterns, join yarn and weave in ends, bind off, and block your project. We’ll have time each week for troubleshooting and plenty of Q and A. Materials can be purchased before class.