TUBLAR BEADED BRACELET CLASS
This class is perfect for those looking to add to their existing crochet repertoire. Beaded ropes are a fun and exciting crochet method, enabling you to make your own beautiful hand crafted jewelry pieces. Learn how to select beads and relevant thread choices for your crochet rope. Explore the design process of creating color effects and patterns through the stringing method. Master the basic stitch and technique, as well as tips on beginning and finishing your piece easily and
professionally. Understand how you can create your own unique pieces by experimenting with combinations of bead colors, sizes and finishes. The instructor will have a range of beaded crochet ropes to illustrate techniques to the group. The class will work on a beginner bracelet pattern in class.
Technique Requirements: Comfortable with beginner crochet and working with finer detail.
1.25mm or 1.5mm crochet hook
C-lon bead cord in REGULAR size, see link, in a color to match your beads: http://www.beadshop.com/collections/c-lon/regular-c-lon.
Threading needle – this needs to be able to pass through the bead hole.
Size 6/0 seed beads in four different colors (can be different tonal shades or contrasting), approx. 70 beads of each color.
CLASS PRICE $50.00
(SUPPLIES NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE)
SUPPLIES FOR THIS CLASS $10.00 (NO REFUNDS)
EMBELLISHED KNITS :
Knitting is a perfect background for embroidery and embellishment. The fabric is flexible, and its grid-like surface provides an inspiring canvas for hand manipulation. This class introduces
participants to simple but visually effective methods of adding another layer of surface interest to their hand knitting. Explore how you can use basic knitted structures and stitches as “guides” for adornment. Key examples demonstrated in class include:
– Creating running stitch “plaids” and checks—utilizing a simple striped garter stitch fabric and similar yarns to create a couture tweed look or contrasting yarns to create a contemporary graphic look.
– Knit and purl patterns—exploring combinations of knit and purl stitches that give an all over
pattern and utilizing embroidery and embellishment to reinforce the fabric’s prominent structure.
– Eyelets—experimenting with thicker cords that can be woven through lace holes. Eyelets can be used as a base grid to be used as embroidery points. In some cases you might not even see the eyelets any more!
– Cables—adding interest to the ropes or the background fabric. Cords can be laced through some structures, and embroidery can beautifully define the pronounced tactility of cabled knits.
– Borders—exploring how to make the edges of a garment or accessory pop with unique additions.
The instructor will have a broad and inspiring range of manipulated swatches to illustrate all
techniques to the class. On the following page are images of some of my designs I would bring for students to view in detail.
Participants work through key methods resulting in a knitted sampler.
Technique Requirements: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; cables; beginner lace; chart reading; basic finishing techniques
Yarn(s) of choice and needles in corresponding size.
Tapestry needle/embroidery needle.
Optional extras – beads that will fit onto your yarn and a needle that will fit through the bead hole. Any other embellishments, trims etc., you wish to use.
Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate
CLASS PRICE $60.00